Is your computer very old?
Is it too slow or the memory is filled up, that you are thinking of buying a new computer?
Before you go to the computer shop, let me show you 6 things to consider when buying a new computer.
1. Computer brand: when buying a new computer the first thing that should come into your mind should be what brand of computer do I want to buy. Brand of a computer is determined by some fact like brand popularity, brand durability and availability of parts in the market.
2. Purpose of the computer: secondly the purpose of the computer should be considered. You have to ask yourself what am I buying this computer for, is it for my personal use, are you using it for DJ, is it for your office, you also have to consider the kind of program that will run on the computer. this will give you a guide of the spec of computer you are to buy. (spec means grade)
3. Facilities available: you also have to consider the facilities that you want the computer to have, facilities like wireless enabled, Bluetooth, camera, card reader etc.
4. Memory Size: you also have to consider the memory of the computer. Computer memory here is the ram and the ram is what runs the applications on the computer so the size of the ram matters a lot, for a brand new computer the ram size is also dependent on the operating system that the computer comes with. If you want to buy a windows vista computer the ram should be like 3GB to 4GB because windows vista needs more memory to run than windows xp, For windows xp 2GB to 3GB will be ok.
5. Hard disk: the next fact to consider is the size of the hard disk drive. Using large amount of hard disk is the best since some part of the hard disk is assigned to the ram to enable it perform effectively. If you use small size of hard disk and some part is assigned to the ram you will be left with a very small size that makes your computer run slowly. So large hard disk size is the best.
6. Processor speed: another fact to consider is the speed of the processor: you will notice that within the last two years there has been tremendous competition between processor manufacturers. So there are various kinds and types of processor. There are two major processor manufacturers which are Intel and AMD so you have to make your choice based on your research. You have to get a processor with high speed. These are the 6 things to consider when buying a new computer
After considering these facts you are sure to get a good computer when you enter the computer shop.
This article is open for comment and questions.
To know more on computer repairs visit http://online-computer-repairs.blogspot.com
Nweke Chinedu is a computer engineer for over 10 years and also a developer. He has an intimate knowledge of computer maintenance, software and site development. He also has vast knowledge of computer virus and how to remove computer viruses. visit his site for free articles on computer maintenance, computer security, virus removal and computer solution. online-computer-repairs.blogspot.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Nweke_Chinedu/113703